I got the pool out for the kids today. I thought it was pretty beat up and had it ready to throw in the garbage last fall, but am glad it got put away instead. It is in perfect shape, albeit a little small.
The first thing Logan did was put the pool under the slide. He l-o-v-e-s sliding into it! Bergen enjoyed running in and out of the house to get bath toys to play with. Of course it goes without saying that the water was on and the hose was in use for the better part of the time we were outside. I didn't care though. I had a great time sunning myself on a lawn chair while watching Logan and Bergen play together. I am one lucky mom to have kids who get along so well.
Obviously I couldn't pass up a couple of cute photo opps.
Five hours later I finally got the kids to come in by promising them a bath in their swimming suits! I even added some bubbles. I think they were happy to warm up and liked the fact that they got to play some more. The down side? After their bath there was water everywhere!
What an adventure. The kids had a great time and we all got a little sun. (See Logan's shoulders in the tub? Luckily only the tops of Bergen's thighs were pink.)
Tonight we snuggled and read some library books.
I love days like this!
1 comments:
How fun! I don't remember ever staying in the water for 5 hours!
(Been reading older posts first but thought I'd better read from both ends and meet in the middle. Having a great time catching up!)
Post a Comment