Heather, Margot and I aren't going to be seeing much of each other after this week. Margot is moving for the summer; and although she may be coming back to live in Indiana, it will not be in Lafayette. Heather has been offered the perfect job, and is moving in August. I'm excited for both of them. I'm glad for the opportunities ahead of them. But I'm sad for me. I'll miss them.
So tonight, we got together for one last hurrah.
We'd been trying to coordinate our schedules and decided that we would have to fore go our monthly family dinner group because we honestly didn't have the time for it. We also really just wanted to hang out with each other.
After all was said and done, we agreed to get pedicures. Because it's way too hard to have massages three to a room!
Now I, personally, think that being pampered with a nice, relaxing pedicure is one of life's great pleasures. Tonight I found out that a pedicure is even better when you have it with a friend or two. Don't our feet look fabulous?
I guess it goes without saying that we enjoyed a tasty dinner afterward...
Food, friends, and fun. Three things I have looked forward to and enjoyed with these women for the past few years. Three things I will miss dearly. Three things I will always have fond memories of in the future.
Thanks Heather and Margot. I love you "guys".
3 comments:
oh Gig. It is so hard to say good-bye to friends. I feel for ya. love ya babe!
I love you too Gig! I had a great night out and really needed it. One of the things I'm least looking forward to in the moving to a new city is finding new friends and the ward. I love my 2 close friends here and our ward is the best we've been in since being married.
Even though Margot will be gone for the summer I'll be here and in about 2 weeks life should be a lot less stressful for a bit (read here that we should do a couple more outings together - another pedicure in July maybe?).
The only way I can express what you mean to me, is by allowing you to post my horrid feet for the world to see.
Post a Comment