The kids and I went to the library this morning so they could have their summer reading program book lists checked. Once a child meets the reading goal they set at registration they can collect their prize! Logan and Bergen both set a goal to read 30 books this summer. With our numerous trips to the library and the back-breaking number of books we leave with each time, it should be
no surprise that they have read 60 books each -- and they're still going!
They were very excited to get bookmarks and tickets to redeem for lunch at Chick-fil-A. Which we did. Yum! (They also got an extra prize for exceeding their goals. A ticket for a free ride at Columbian Park! I can see a train in our future.)
After lunch, running errands, and grocery shopping we stopped by a redbox and got some movies. And tonight we camped out in the living room and watched them!
The kids chose (some really lame movies) a "Mario Brothers" cartoon with multiple episodes and "Aussie and Ted's Big Adventure." Bergen made it through Mario, but was out before Aussie was over. Logan however, had to watch until the very end of both movies! Maybe the Slim Jim and popcorn kept him up; I don't know.
I do know it was another super, successful Fun Friday!
3 comments:
Love it! Looks like a lot of fun
We went to Chick-fil-A yesterday. The play place was a perfect size for Eli. I miss those days we used to go eat and let the kids play forever. Where 5 more minutes turned into an extra hour or two. I miss you!
The picture of Bergen playing looks like a blonde version of mom! And I see mom in almost every picture of Logan. You sure Craig helped with these two? :)
Post a Comment