I watched a storm roll in tonight. It was eerie.
The kids and I were sitting at the dining table when all of a sudden I heard a screeching sound and quickly realized that the wind had pulled the umbrella out of the patio table. I thought it was probably lost forever so I grabbed my camera and headed outside.
Here's what I saw: Clouds rolling in overhead. No too big a deal except for the umbrella, which I was going to look for.
I took a few more pictures because the clouds were really moving. Then I went out into the field to get it. Craig returned from an errand just then and helped me bring it in (which I was grateful for).
The cabin is intact and suffered no damage. The roof came off, but will be put back on. The kids have been enjoying it and I don't think they'll let it go without repair for long. (So no worries Margot.)
And I did find the umbrella - intact. Way out in the field two houses down. Next time a storm comes through I'll make sure to bring it in...
I'm not afraid of storms, I actually think they're cool, but this one made me think.
Maybe I should have been a storm chaser...
1 comments:
I wasn't worried for a second! Even if it had been damaged, destroyed, or flown off with a twister, it wouldn't matter and I'd still love you.
Post a Comment