CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Reading Program Update

The kids and I went to the library again today. They'd both read their first five books and wanted to get their Dairy Queen coupons. They had actually each read enough to get their squirty critters too. Woo Wee!

Today we checked out 36 books. The scant 20 we took home last time were apparently not enough. We also got four movies. (I'm thinking about putting the kibosh on movies for now. I don't really think we need them since its summertime and I want us to play outside. They do however keep the kids quiet when we're inside and Craig is sleeping. It's a tough call.)


Logan and Bergen loved their ice cream cones and I enjoyed a small blizzard, which was also free. (You gotta love that punch card.)


And finally, here's the poster we made so the kids can see how many books they're reading. I thought it would be fun to keep track where we could see our progress (Not that the paper from the library isn't lovely.) so we write the names of the books on scales after we've read them and the kids tape the scales to the fish. They had a great time coloring their "rainbow fish" and their eyes light up every time they get to add a scale!


I think the summer reading program ROCKS!

1 comments:

Jill said...

Love your fish idea and keeping track of the books. I may just copy you! Looks like you are having a fun summer already!