We've been waiting for this day. Today was the first day we could sign up for the summer reading program at the library!
We walked in the door and the kids went straight to the information desk where they signed up without any hesitation. We got there just before a big bunch of other kids too. Yes! (I love it when I get in line before a big group; especially at a restaurant. Don't you?) Logan filled out his own paperwork while I filled out Bergen's. They were both thrilled with the flying frogs they got for registering and were asking to read their first five books so they could get their Dairy Queen gift certificates before we even left the counter. (I refuse to go back tomorrow, I have other things to do, but we may be there again on Friday.) After that we were off to look for books.
We left our fair library with a total of 20 books and would have taken more, but I forgot my book bag and couldn't carry more. Plus, we got 3 movies. Even the kids' hands were full.
I think summer fun has begun!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
June 1
Posted by Gigi at 10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so jealous!! Not only a library, with books - IN ENGLISH, but prizes for reading them. Cry cry cry. I'm glad you're enjoying it for me!
I miss the library! Sounds like so much fun. I didn't know the pre-elementary kids could sign up for the summer reading program. We will have to check it out for Jack next year! You are such a fun mom!
Post a Comment