My sister-in-law Nicole and I were talking before school was out about all the fun things we want to do with our kids this summer... One of the things she told me about was something she called "Fun Friday." Every Friday she is going to do something fun with her kids; like go to the park, or have ice cream, or see a movie, or something. As long as its something fun. We also talked about having Fun Friday together (even more fun), but we didn't plan anything for today. So when the kids and I were invited to get together at Happy Hollow Park with the South's and the Madsen's, we went for it.
We ate our lunch and the kids ran around and played while we moms talked, swung, and wandered after them for a bit. Then Logan wanted to go for a hike, so after our friends left, we did just that.
It was a nice little hike. More of a walk actually. We started by climbing some stairs that led to a trail. The trail led to a dirt road that followed a dry creek bed, so we walked along that. Then we crossed a bridge and wandered our way back down a paved road that led to the playground where we started.
I was proud of my kids. They both carried their own water bottles and had a great time searching for walking sticks. We'll definitely be doing that again!
After our trip to the park, we went to T.J.Maxx, Walmart, and Sam's Club.
The kids have recently been sharing a bouncy ball (or Hoppity-Hop as it was called when I was young) that Logan got a few years ago. I've considered getting rid of it because he's a little bit too big for it, but as soon as I think about it he's on it again. Bergen likes it too, but Logan isn't too keen on sharing when he's in the mood to bounce. So today I thought it would be fun (there's that word again) to get Bergen one of her own. Truth be told, setting the timer every 10 minutes so they could take turns bouncing this morning got really old really fast.
Craig had Bergen's ball inflated lickety-split when we got home. He had it filled before I had all of the groceries out of the car! The whopping $8.00 I paid for that thing will surely be one of the best investments I make all summer long. Needless to say, those cute kids bounced around until bedtime.
Fun Friday is definitely here to stay!


3 comments:
Oh my goodness! This is so funny! Avery just barely started bouncing on Logan's bouncy ball, and I was thinking I needed to get her her own as well! Haven't yet, but I might have to soon!
Those bouncy balls look so much fun! I just love reading your blog! **hugs**
looks like summer is going great! How much fun you are having.
Post a Comment