CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Fun Friday: Cool at the Pool

We went to the pool today and it was a blast!


This is the pool I've been thinking of getting a pass for and now that we've been there I definitely want to do it! It's big enough that the kids can have all kinds of fun and small enough that I can see them if they get away from me for a minute! It also seems more family-friendly than the pool we're used to going to. There were tons of moms (and dads) and kids there, as opposed to masses of teenagers.

We were at the pool for a little over three hours and were only out of the water for about 15 minutes. We didn't even get out for snacks and drinks! I was glad the kids' sunscreen kept them pretty well protected. Especially since mine was somewhat lacking in that department. For someone who doesn't burn easily if at all, I did. And on top of the little bit of "first outing of summer redness" I was already sporting from our day out in the backyard this week, I consider myself fried!

 

It was nice having so much fun with the kids! Logan was excited to practice his swimming and had fun doing cannon balls and going under the water. Bergen exerted her independence by swimming (aka walking) all over the place, climbing out of the pool and jumping back in. I enjoyed being in the water with the two of them and not having to worry that it was too deep. It was actually relaxing!

We're pretty busy this coming week, but you can bet if we can't fit it in, the week after next we'll be going back; at least a couple of times... Anyone want to join us?

I am loving summertime!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Can we come too? I know it's a community pool, so I can go anytime, but it's more fun with friends. My SIL Elizabeth has a season pass, so maybe we all could go at the same time.