I quit drinking Diet Coke on February 2nd.
WHAT WAS I THINKING?
I decided that I should probably stop drinking my beverage of choice when it was no longer a choice to drink it. (And after discussing an article in the December Ensign with a couple of friends.) I had to have it! How sad.
Originally I had decided not to drink pop at all, but that was just for me to know. Then after about a week I couldn't handle it. I kept drinking my water, but even that has dwindled since adding caffeine free diet pop back into my diet. You know what? It's not the same.
I am not giving up, but I must confess... In the last week or so I have ingested some of the forbidden stuff. A few gulps of one Craig got after stopping for fries with Logan on the way home from school. (BTW he almost got me one, but didn't. Way to support me good man!) Again when I added the tiniest bit to a drink I got while shopping at Sam's Club. And finally, when I added more than was necessary to a drink I got when I couldn't keep my eyes open one morning this week. Okay it was Monday.
Now it may sound like I'm not committed and am not really trying to make this change, but I am. Do you know how hard it is to find caffeine free drinks when you go through a drive-thru? Even my corner gas station doesn't have any! Fazoli's, Wendy's and Chik-Fil-A are all my new best friends. Unfortunately I don't see them often because their drinks are not $1.00 each like McDonald's are/were.
I feel like I've fallen off the wagon of sorts. This should be a no-brainer by now. Shouldn't it? Either way, I'm beginning again. I'm recommitting. I am going to do this!
Just thought you'd like to know.
4 comments:
Good for you,keep up the good work your body will thank you down the road.
I SO miss Chick fil A
keep on trying! I'm sure it's hard, but you will make it!!!
I think you can..I think you can...
You can do it Gigi! In fact the word verification (on the comment page) says "quitst". I think it's a sign. :)
Post a Comment