CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Little Boogie

This post is just so I don't forget some of the cute things Bergen has said and done lately.

 
Posted by Picasa


I was cold one morning, so after making sure Bergen was happy watching cartoons, I climbed back into bed and covered myself with a blanket before venturing into the bathroom to take a hot shower. A few minutes later Craig returned home from taking Logan to school and came to sit on the bed and visit with me. Not long after that Bergen showed up. She looked at Craig and said "Daddy, I can't find my Mommy anywhere." It was sweet and sounded so sincere I thought she might cry even though my form was in plain sight, so I popped my head up and said "Here I am!" and we all laughed.


Our bed is often the gathering place in our home. While there recently, Craig was tickling Bergen, rubbing his face on me, laughing, and making noise. You know, he was "scrubbling" me. That's what we call it when someone is being tortured in our family anyway. Craig was just about to go after me again when Bergen stopped him and said, "Daddy don't scrubble Mommy. She my best friend." Such strong, protective words from a two year old!

(Bergen has been telling me I'm her best friend lately. I don't know where she learned about best friends, but I'm happy to be one. I don't expect it to last through the teen years, but I think once they're over and she's older we'll have that special mother-daughter bond again. Besides, when the hormones start raging, I'd really rather be known as the responsible, loving mom, than my daughters best friend.)


And some of my favorite recent sayings:
"Mommy I 'nuggle you."
"I go with you."
and
"You hold me."
All requests I am more than happy to fulfill!

3 comments:

Kayli said...

She is such a sweetie petitie!

beSlightlyAskew said...

She may hold out during the teen years. I still loved my mom when I was a teen and still considered her my friend then. (Even though I was often "totally embarrassed" by her, I didn't want to hurt her feelings. So I still hung out with her.)

Nicole said...

Bergen is just way to cute. She sure is a sweetheart too. I did not notice before that she has only one dimple like me, not that I had anything to do with it. btw