CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bunk Beds!

We've hit another milestone at our house. And I think its a big one.

Bergen has been sleeping in her crib with the side down for a little while now since she can climb in and out of it. I figured with the side down if she did fall she wouldn't have far to go. Well Craig decided on Friday that it was time for her to make the transition to a big bed. So after coming home from work early (a nice surprise), he went and bought bunk beds.

We worked on putting the headboards together Friday night after the kids were asleep, but couldn't build the beds completely because we were in the living room and obviously they wouldn't have fit through the bedroom door...

So on Saturday morning while I took Bergen to the doctor (watch for another post) Craig finished things up; with Logan's help. NOTE: Having a handy hoosband is a beautiful thing. After that I went and bought a mattress then dropped it off at home before going grocery shopping. And late yesterday afternoon when I returned home this was the scene in our kiddos bedroom!

 
Posted by Picasa

All day Logan kept saying things like, "I'm so excited to sleep in my new bed!", I can't wait to sleep in my new bed!", "Lets all go to bed now.", "I won't be scared in my new bed 'cause it's cool to be up high.", and lots more funny things.

Bed time finally came and the kids were pretty happy to hit the hay. Too bad neither of them stayed there for long. Logan had napped a bunch during the day (he's sick too) so wasn't sleepy, and although Bergen fell asleep quickly she ended up in our bed sometime during the night.

So what's the big milestone we've hit? No more babies in cribs. No more babies. Period. Our kids are growing up. We're getting to the point where soon I won't even be carrying a diaper bag!

4 comments:

beSlightlyAskew said...

I remember that period of not carrying a diaper bag when Zach was like 3-5. That was nice. Zach talks about bunk beds all the time. He really want bunk beds. In another year...

Maren said...

Love the new bunk bed! Don't you wish being excited about a new bed would ensure that the kiddos would actually stay in it? No such luck with that here, either.

I haven't carried a diaper bag around for several months now. I'm not looking forward to going back. I haven't even found a new one yet! Guess I'd better start looking...

Kerry said...

I don't carry a diaper bag anymore either. I just keep diapers and wipes in the van, and if I know I will need snacks somewhere, I will throw a baggie of goldfish and some fruit snacks in my purse. It has been very nice!

Yay on the beds! Yay on kids growing up!

Boo hoo on kids growing up!

Nicole said...

What a fun scene to come home to.