What’s black and white and read across the nation? The Cat in the Hat at your local library.
The kids and I went to the downtown library this afternoon. Logan and I were at the campus library last week when I saw that there would be a special story time today to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday.
Logan and Bergen both LOVE reading Dr. Seuss books (In fact I have a couple already hidden away for Logan's birthday.) so I thought this would be a fun thing to do. And it was.
After we listened to three books be read, the kids got to make a craft. It was an elephant puppet to go along with Horton Hatches the Egg. The kids enjoyed coloring and pasting, but I think they were a little distracted by everything else.
So, when they were finished with the craft they ran around in the kids section for a while. (Thanks Kayli for showing me around!) Actually by the time we finished playing computer games and looking at books and movies it was almost 6:00pm. A bonus I'm sure... we hit Burger King for dinner on the way home.
I think the kids liked their adventure today. I suppose now I'll have to take them to the library more often. And we'll have to go downtown instead of to campus. I've been a bit of a slacker and haven't taken them to the library for a long time because Logan is noisy and Bergen runs away! Maybe its time to try it again.
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Monday, March 2, 2009
A Birthday
Posted by Gigi at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm sorry we missed it. I was starting to regret my decision not to go and then Eli was having a major tantrum and went right to bed for a long, long nap after I got Zach from school. And that meant I got a bunch done. Next year...
Post a Comment