The kids and I went to the library on Friday. Bergen fell asleep on the (maybe 5 minute) drive there, so I loaded her into the stroller, Logan hopped on and we made our way to the building.
Logan wanted to look at the movies first, so after choosing a few (8), we headed for the books, where we ended up with 14! I couldn't believe it. We were only there for 15 minutes! We did find several for *beginning readers though so that was something new. And we chose a few we thought Bergen would like. (She slept through the trip and almost through the night!)
I decided to surprise my boy and took a detour to Sonic before going home. We each got a drink and an order of mozzarella sticks to share.
Logan wanted root beer so I asked if the Barq's was caffeine free when ordering. I was told it was, but wasn't sure. Still, I got it because I couldn't talk him into Sprite. (I, myself, had a Lemon Berry slush. Mmmmmm.)
I secretly watched Logan for a little while when we got home to see if the caffeine might have an affect on him. I didn't notice anything. I did wonder later if maybe it had done something to his brain though... because he said,
"Mom, why does Woof's root beer have caffeine?"
Woof's. Barq's. It's all the same. Isn't it?
Well this silly episode reminded me of a time when my nephew Brandon was little. Maybe a year older than Logan is now.
His mom (my sister) had done his hair using some mousse and apparently he liked it because a few days later
he asked if he could have some "fox" on his hair!
Kids are so funny sometimes!
*Logan has started spelling out words and thinks its really cool when he actually sounds out and letters and gets it right! We think its cool too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment