CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's In A Name?

I mentioned in my Coming Soon! post that I'm planning to start a little business next year. Things are coming together and I'm excited to start getting the word out. I just have one problem. What to call my little shop.

I'm stuck on the name 'Rag-a-Muffin.' What do you think? Let me know and there may be something in it for you. Not right away, mind you, and not necessarily a rag quilt. But something.

 
Posted by Picasa


I'd also appreciate it if you'd keep your friends in mind and spread the word once the shop is open. (I'll be sure to make an announcement.) You never know who might need a baby gift or want something for their own little rag-a-muffin.

Thank you!

6 comments:

Christy said...

If you're planning on using Etsy, I'd choose something other than Rag-a-Muffin. There are at least 14 sellers with that in their name.

Are you only planning on making rag quilts or will you be branching out and making other things as well?

If I had to do it over again, I'd choose something short, sweet, and general (like to do with my name or my kids' names).

good luck!

The Holdaway's said...

That is a cute name, but as Christy mentioned, I'd make it something more personal and specific. This has actually been the main reason I haven't started an Etsy shop - I can't come up with a name I love... Good luck!

Are you going to make things other than rag quilt's? That might help us come up with something...

Maren said...

I like the name rag-a-muffin, but like Christy mentioned it is already used a lot.

Have you seen Etsy's "How to pick a good name" for your shop? It's at http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/shop-makeover-series-whats-in-a-name-1010/

I glanced through it and it has some good info you might be able to use.

Good luck!

Kerry said...

Oh, I like that name too! Apparently so does everyone else! I will keep thinking and see if I can come up with another idea for you!

Marisa May said...

I would pick something personalized, like Gigi's Corner or Gigi's Crafts n' Quilts, or... A Ream of Fabric. Or something. I'm not very good at coming up with names!

beSlightlyAskew said...

So what about Rag-a-Muffin in French? I looked it up and it's Un Chiffon Muffin. I'm not sure it translates the same though. What about a Dutch name? Or Just Gigi or Just For (insert soomething here) or By Gigi. Or Berg's Rags or something else with Bergen's name. Or Sunshine or Happy Monday or something about Bedtime Rags or Early To Rise or Early To Bed or Afternoon Nap or Bergen's Naptime or Sunday Afternoon or some other day's afternoon, I mean maybe you like Wednesday better or morning better, or Sunday Dreams or Monday Morning Nap or Polka Dots. Or not even any words but several emoticons: ;-):-(:-/:-P Should I keep going...?