Logan likes to dress up like other people, but not just any other people. He definitely has favorites. They are
Mr. Potts (from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang), Indiana Jones (no explanation needed), Superman/Clark Kent (since he saw a friend dressed up like him/them for Halloween), Wolfgang (from the movie The Explorers), Bumblebee (the Transformer) ...
and Grandpa Lo.
All very strong characters.
Logan dresses up in some form or another every day and asks "Mom, Who am I?" every time. He is serious about his role playing. So much so that he regularly calls me/us (our family) the names of people associated with the person he is pretending to be -- and of course I/we play along.
Fictional characters roam around our house regularly, so imagine my delight when Logan said recently, "Mom can you make me a pony tail so I can be like Grandpa Lo?" He even donned a nice pair of glasses and found himself a cane. (My dad hurt his hip and was using a cane when we visited last summer. He's better now though. No cane needed.) I had to think twice whenever he called me 'Gigi' in a low voice and get into character before answering "Dad", which thrilled him.
I'm glad Logan has such a great imagination. He is a lot of fun to play with and keeps things interesting around here.
I hope when he grows up, Logan will have acquired some of his grandpa's traits and will be able to answer the question "Who am I?" for himself; without hesitation. Thanks to a couple of awesome grandpas I think he's well on his way to being able to do just that!



1 comments:
This is really sweet. Logan is such a great kid, I'm glad he is my nephew. I sure do love him.
Post a Comment