I haven't taken much time to blog lately. I've been catching up on my holiday preparations since being behind from recuperating from my knee surgery.
So here's a sampling of what we've been up to:
Of course I'm doing the usual -- feeding the kids. Here they are enjoying apples!
We've been going through and attempting to get rid of some toys before the big man in red brings us even more. The problem is that we always seem to get sidetracked when cleaning up. And seriously, do you really think we need more toys? Don't answer that!
I did indulge late one afternoon last week and take a glass class with my sister-in-law, Nicole. She checked into it and decided she wanted to learn tack fusing so she could make some gifts. I was interested, but really just wanted to get out of the house for a while...
It was so cool! I learned a lot and apparently used that knowledge to step a bit too far "out of the box" according to our instructor. She let us do our own thing after the lesson; maybe she just hadn't planned for us to be so creative -- ha ha. The good thing is that we made a couple of nice ornaments! The bad thing is that I can see myself getting way too into this.
Thanks to my in-laws for coming over and watching the kids while I went out to play. It was fun and I can't wait to do it again!
Our Christmas tree is up, as you can see from the above pictures. We're still working on the other decorations. Logan has been dying to get the Nutcrackers out! I am anxious to set up the Nativities. I know I'll get to them soon, I just want to wait until all the ornament storage boxes are put away. I also want to wrap presents on a nice clean table!
I've started my baking. No picture though because the pumpkin bread and "butter cook" (a Dutch pastry) I made last night were wrapped and shipped to my Dad this morning along with six delightful drawings from my kids.
My sister Audrey, came up with the wonderful idea of doing the Twelve Days of Christmas for our Dad and all three of us kids and our families are participating. I think he'll be (disgusted and then) pleasantly surprised when the packages arrive. He has told us he wants/needs nothing, and after eating and sharing the goodies he's getting, there will be nothing.
I'm happy to be staying home for Christmas this year. I enjoy all the hustle and bustle, preparation, traveling, and visiting, but I'm really looking forward to sitting back and relaxing with my family, hanging out by the fire, running around in the snow, doing things we don't normally take the time to do locally, and sleeping in my own bed.
Speaking of my bed, it's calling my name. Goodnight.




1 comments:
I LOVE your ornaments. I am so glad that we did that together, it was so much fun. She may call it "outside the box" I call it ultra creativity, and superb talent. I lay awake at night thinking of more stuff I can make. Crazy huh? This may turn into an expensive hobby........So when do ya want to go back? :}
Post a Comment