CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Relief!

It's been six weeks since my knee surgery. So I went to the doctor for my follow-up yesterday and he said I can start walking without my crutches!

I'm supposed to start by using one crutch for a couple of days and then easing into full weight bearing. But how on earth do you walk with one crutch? It's not easy.

Being the rebel that I am I decided to test out my no-crutch plan with a trip to McDonald's last night. It was tough. I was limping quite a bit and my knee really hurt, but I persevered. This morning however, I feel relief! Not 100% relief, but more than I anticipated after last night.

I'm sure it will be a while until the stiffness is completely gone, but keeping up with physical therapy should take care of it; and knowing that makes me happy.

I'm thrilled to be free again! And I'm ready to go Christmas shopping.

6 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad the surgery worked!! And I'm glad you're feeling better!

Maren said...

Hooray! I was going to call you last night and ask, but then I didn't know if you still had your voice left or not. Plus, I fell asleep on the couch waiting for Lance to get home. (How's that for lazy?) I'm so glad you're getting better! Now no more injuries, young lady!

beSlightlyAskew said...

Oh yeah, and I'm sorry I was laughing at you last night with all your hobbling about. I really don't look at you thinking you're old or any older than I. I'm glad I can tease you and hopefully you didn't have to cry yourself to sleep last night... :-)

Nicole said...

I am so glad that your knee, and in turn you are doing better.

The Holdaway's said...

Yeah - happy thoughts of shopping and pedicures!

Connie said...

Gig,

I'm happy to hear you'll be up and about for Christmas.

Hope you can get in some power shopping to make up for lost time.

Con