CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingerbread 101

Logan, Bergen and I made our first Gingerbread House this year! We used a kit, but it still counts as far as I'm concerned. I do have an old cast iron mold I'd like to try one day, maybe. It'll just have to wait until I'm more ambitious.

 
Posted by Picasa


The kids sure had fun decorating -- and eating. The house would have been demolished as soon as it was built, but Logan wanted to make sure Daddy got to see it first. Craig thought it was a masterpiece! Of course.

I'm glad we waited until late in the month to make the thing. It adorned our dining room table long enough to make the chicklets proud of their accomplishment, then the candy was pulled off and eaten and the rubble thrown away. No lingering mess -- yeah for me!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

This is so cute! You know what, the chicklets will not remember that it was from a kit, thye will remeber putting together the house and the fun they had doing it.