I used to have get-togethers all the time. Now, not so much. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't make the time. Well, I've decided I'm changing my ways. Or reverting back to my old ways. Whichever way you look at it.
When talking with my friend Heather a few weeks ago, the idea of a cookie exchange came up. Wheels started turning and before we knew it, party plans were under way.
I was excited! I stayed up late working on the the invitations. I dreamed about what refreshments to make and how I would decorate. I e-mailed Heather way too many times with minute details. There were going to be ten of us getting together. I wanted everything to be perfect.
Finally the evening arrived.
There was supposed to be freezing rain.
I was not happy, but I pressed forward anyway.
People were worried about driving in the weather.
I was going to be positive!
The bad weather held off.
I was grateful.
Eight ladies were able to make it on Thursday night, each bringing with them ten dozen treats. Oh. My. Goodness! There were so many cookies and candies on my table that it was overflowing. And they were YUMMY.
After a few hours of visiting and having our fill of non-sweets, we divided the treasure and my friends headed home. I stayed up tasting my loot and quickly decided that my neighbors wouldn't be receiving any of the goodies I had received that night. I didn't care if I became the size of ten people, I was going to eat them all! Well, not ALL. I was going to (and did) share them with my family! It's a good thing I have some of the recipes.
Thank you for coming Ladies. Your being here brought a little added Christmas joy into our home. Those of you who weren't able to make it, we missed you. I hope you will be able to come next year. I have decided to make the cookie exchange an annual tradition!

2 comments:
I've been wanting to do that for years. I think I'll do it in 09. I threw the idea around this year and the people I spoke to thought it was a good idea.
I'm glad yours was such a success!
Merry Christmas!
No, thank YOU! It was so fun and yummy!!!
Post a Comment