CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Stung!

I've been wracking my brain for something to blog about even though I can't really sit up at the computer for long. It seems I haven't done much since being laid up for almost a week. Today however, something new and unusual happened...

I was stung by a bee!

In. my. house.

I felt something "stick" me while I was sitting on the couch with Bergen, so I reached around to my back and felt nothing. She was pointing to something though so I took my shirt off and found the little devil on the sleeve.

I'm allergic to bees and my Epi-Pen had expired. So after a couple of quick calls to the pharmacy and doctor's office I took a bunch of benadryl -- and survived! I can't really tell if my throat felt swollen because of the sting or the cold I may be getting. Whatever the case, I'm glad not to have had a bad reaction. I'm still itching like crazy at the sting site, but that has taken my mind off of my itchy knee for now.



In other news, the kids have been busy this week.

Logan cut his lip open (on Craig's thigh?) yesterday and was taken to urgent care, but didn't need stitches. He just can't eat anything salty for a few days. And Bergen saw the doctor today because we'd noticed some crusted blood in one of her ears over the last couple of days. She was given some ear drops. Again.



So that's it for now. I certainly hope the next time I blog things won't have been so eventful.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

oh my gosh, when it rains, it pours. Glad you guys are all ok. Sort of

Maren said...

You guys are falling apart over there! Good thing you're blogging so we know that you're still alive. :)