CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

I Am a Child of God

Logan participated in his first ever Primary Program on Sunday. And I couldn't have been more proud. His line was "Heavenly Father guides me through he Holy Ghost."

 
Posted by Picasa

We had been anticipating the program for quite a while and as soon as he received his assignment, we went to work. I think he almost had it memorized the first time we went over it. Still, we practiced almost every day, or rather every night.

The preparatory bedtime routine was as follows: first prayers, then reading. After that I'd get Logan tucked in and we'd go over the songs while I rocked Bergen. I hummed the songs at first, then added the words as the tunes became more familiar. I was often the only one singing, but Logan chimed in enough to be able to add his voice to the choir for the program. Thank you to Sister Svedin for all she did to teach the kids the songs! That was a lot of work.

BTW I got to be the prompter during the program and all of the kids did a great job. Only a few needed help and most were understandable.

This was definitely one of those times I've looked forward to as a mom.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Good job Logan, you did great saying your line again for us at our house. Love ya kiddo.