I always felt like one of the luckiest kids in school on the days we'd get the books we'd ordered through the Weekly Reader. I think my mom let me order some every time we got a new flier! I also remember them being heavy as I carried them home. I loved those books and still have several of them.
Well today, Logan got his first (of what I hope will be many) books ordered through the Weekly Reader.
They were in his "cubby" when Craig dropped him off at school, so all morning I anticipated the fun that was sure to come when Logan got home. Of course I wanted to read the books but since they were his, I waited -- sort of. Three of them were wrapped in plastic. One wasn't. The one that wasn't was happily read and reread to Bergen.
Once Logan was home (and Bergen was napping and Craig had gone to work), we snuggled up on the couch to read. He loved the books and we enjoyed some nice quiet time together! (I'm looking forward to ordering and reading together again. Soon.)
What a wonderful memory to be able to pass on to my kids. I hope they'll love reading as much as I do.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Reminiscing
Posted by Gigi at 11:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's awesome. Zach has a weekly trip to the library at school. He is so excited to show me the new book he got every Monday. I love to cuddle up with him and read, too!
I LOVE those book fliers!! Unfortunatly, I ordered well over $300 of books when I was teaching (probably closer to $400). I have two more boxes full to go through with Bella before we get anymore (although that probably won't stop me from ordering them anyway!) I LOVE BOOKS!!
Yay! That's so fun. We have that book! It's so fun when kids show an interest in books. We love books at our house. (Thomas loves them too, but he also loves to ingest them. lol)
Post a Comment