I love to putter in the kitchen when the weather gets cool. (My mom used to use the word putter.) There are occasions when I would spend all day in there if I could.
I've been hungry for warm food lately. Specifically soup. I've been wanting to make some for more than a week, but have been busy doing other things. I mentioned it to Craig a couple of days ago and he didn't seem thrilled. He's not as "into" soup as I am. Hopefully I'll get to it next week.
I have made a few other yummy things since the beginning of Fall. My first ever Baked Macaroni and Cheese (eh), To-Die-For Pumpkin Squares and Pineapple Dip for a get-together on Friday, and Pumpkin Pancakes for breakfast yesterday morning. And lets not forget the multiple batches of cookies...
Have I mentioned that my kids LOVE pancakes? They do. And we eat them often. Logan always wants to mix the batter and add the food coloring. I put food coloring in my pancake batter even when its not Fall. Because its fun. (I think I let on in a previous post that I'm all about fun!) Anyway, I actually let Logan do it, which is probably why he likes to.
It was Bergen's first time "helping" today and we went all out. We mixed up some orange and green batter then proceeded to pour our pumpkins onto the griddle. First the stems and faces and then the heads.
When all was said and done Logan had the most fun. Bergen won for eating the most. The girl ate almost three whole pancakes! Big ones! It was great to see her so enthusiastic about her food. She hasn't been eating very well lately.
Last night I prepped breakfast for this morning. Caramel Rolls! Courtesy of my sister and sister-in-law. They both have such good recipes that I've combined them. Mmm Mmm Mmm.
Now that I'm typing this, it sounds like all I did was cook this weekend. Not so. I did a few other things too -- like take care of a fussy, ornery, non-sleeping child... Maybe what got me into cooking mode was remembering a guy I knew whose family had some great traditions on Conference weekends. I really like traditions, so thought then that I'd like to do something like that someday. Fast forward 22 years and I think I've got it! Caramel Rolls are our Fall Conference family tradition! I'm still working on what to have it be for Spring.
So all in all we had a good food weekend. Lucky for my bulging tummy it's getting to be sweater weather!



6 comments:
What a fun pancake idea. I might have to try that with Zach. And everything else looks so good too. You're making me hungry!
Those pumpkin pancakes are really cute!
Wow, your kids have grown!
That pineapple dip sounds scrumptious, you should post the recipe!
It was good to hear from you on our blog!
Oh my gosh!! those pumpking pancakes are so cute!!! what a great idea. I have been dying for a good carmen roll recipe, You should post that recipe too.
Pancakes are fun because you can be so creative with them and the kids love it. The carmel roll sound YUM!
You are making me hungry...and it is Fast Sunday. Fun idea with the pancakes. We will have to give it a try. I am loving soups too!
Post a Comment