CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun

Craig was planning to carve pumpkins with the kids, so after Logan chose the picture he wanted for his blue pumpkin they got to work. Unfortunately once things were underway, Logan and Bergen decided they were more interested in playing in the backyard and just stopped by to check his progress every once in a while.

 
Posted by Picasa

Also, the (very cool looking) blue pumpkin was so thick it was uncarvable! Clever man that he is, Craig decided he would just remove the skin and let the light shine out through the flesh instead. Little did he know it would take TWO HOURS to do it! Alas, only two of our pumpkins were completed.

 
Posted by Picasa

That was okay though; two pumpkins -- two kids. And Yoda ended up looking awesome!

 
Posted by Picasa

So after a day of carving and a quick dinner we were off to the annual ward trunk-or-treat. Did I mention that Bergen didn't get a nap? On Halloween of all days! She didn't. She did fall asleep on the way to the festivities however.


Once we got to the church we quickly decorated our trunk. (Logan had drawn some spooky ghost and skeleton faces for it.) Then Craig stayed outside with Bergen while she napped and Logan and I went inside for the parade. He was very excited to wear his costume and had a fun time with his friends!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

After the parade we headed outside again for the candy smorgasbord. Bergen was awake by then, so she, Daddy, Logan and Grandpa Don went around collecting all they could. Grandma Lynne and I stayed at the car and passed out our candy.

It was nice to have Grandma and Grandpa with us this year! We sure hope they'll come again.

 
Posted by Picasa

A family photo op before packing up and heading out.

 
Posted by Picasa

We had a couple of stops to make on the way home and even though it was after 10:30pm when we landed we still went through the candy and ate a few pieces.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

I couldn't resist a few pictures of the kids after they'd had their fill of candy. They were so cute together!

 
Posted by Picasa

After the kids were finally in bed and a bit more candy was consumed, Craig and I were off to sleep too.

It was a "bizzy" day! Doesn't this face say it all?!

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kayli said...

that really IS the cutest face ever!!!!

The Holdaway's said...

I love Berg's smile! And kudos to Craig for the work in the Yoda pumpkin - it rocks!

Kerry said...

What a CUTE girl Bergen is! She is growing up fast, huh? So is Avery! It's crazy!

Christy said...

The pumpkin looks awesome! Wish I could do something like that.

Charlotte said...

Great pics! I'm glad you guys had such a fun Halloween. :)

The kids looked adorable!