CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Going Green! And Orange?

One of the big projects I've been working on is getting the kids moved into the back bedroom. We have enough for each of them to have their own bedroom, but they like being together. And since I'm planning to start a little business, I decided I need my own room to work in. It's way too hard to stay organized and get things done when they're scattered all over the dining room table...

*My drafting table is beckoning me. It wants me... to use it. I want to use it. I'm looking forward to rekindling my relationship with it. So much so, that I'm organizing my room only with those things that will have some connection to it. And I'm enjoying it! I'm feeling a little more relaxed; a little less burdened.

So, after looking over some of the kids things and talking to Logan, I/we decided to paint one of the walls in the new room green. That's right. Green! Picnic Green to be exact. And I love it!

Thanks to Craig for painting a couple of hours before leaving for work one day last week because I couldn't wait to get the job done. I taped and then he painted while I made lunch before he left. I know, you're thinking "What an amazing team!" Oh yes. We are.

The room was almost empty and we were about to move the furniture in. We'd held off moving the kids for a couple of days after painting so everything would be good and dry. The door was closed and we checked in every once in a while until it was ready. Things were moving along pretty well.




Until one of the natives got restless.






Wouldn't you know it, the other artist in our family couldn't wait to make her mark. And what a mark she made! I wasn't home when it happened, but Craig promptly called to tell me about it.

You know what? This time I was the one who was laughing! Bergen, not so much.


 

 
Posted by Picasa


The room is now occupied and Bergen's artwork is still on the wall. As you can see it's a beautiful 3' x 3' non-objective orange marker drawing! I thought it appropriate to leave up (on the wall, not her legs) since it's her first real masterpiece! Besides, it's behind the crib for now.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so funny! Two artist in the family, well, one is a forger :) Someday, that will be worth millions as her very first artwork, and we saw it here first.

beSlightlyAskew said...

She's too cute.

Jill said...

wow, she is good and quick. We have one like that too. We can't leave any type of writing utensil around or it ends up on the wall. What kind of business are you starting?