CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"The Talk" - Part 1 1/2

Logan is a snuggle bug. He likes to get as close to me as possible whenever I'm sitting on the love couch and today was no exception.

This afternoon he snuggled up really close and pressed his head into my chest. After a minute or so I had to push him away because he was still trying to get closer! I told him he was hurting me and that it wasn't nice to push on girls like that.

Then we had a talk.

Logan knows that only mommy's and daddy's and doctors check him in certain places. His doctor tells him every time he has an appointment so it's a well known fact. He knows what privacy is and sometimes even closes the bathroom door when he's in there! Of course he's only four and a half, so he'll still run around naked after a shower and get dressed in front of an audience (our family) on occasion.

I let Logan know today that girls have private areas too. I explained that my chest was one of them and that he needed to be careful not to touch it. (He's been known to pat me to get my attention. Silly kid.) We talked about respect for our bodies and others'.

I was a little caught off guard when we finished our discussion, although I shouldn't have been. Logan completely understood the concept and after asking some questions said, "Girls don't touch a boys' penis and boys don't touch a girls' chest."

Smarty pants.



So why was this the talk - part 1 1/2? Because we've already briefly gone over why he and Bergen don't have the same body parts and where babies come from...

Heaven help us.

0 comments: