CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

The "S" Word

It snowed yesterday! Oh the joys of the season.

The flakes weren't big and there weren't many, but they were definitely snowflakes.


Craig will no doubt be in heaven soon. I, on the other hand will be heading to purgatory. So in order to psych myself up for my least favorite time of the year weather-wise, here are a few of my favorite "S" words:

sleet, slush, slip, slide, sniffle, sneeze, shiver, slick, smooth, ski, skate, sore, sauna, snowball, sunglasses, season, storm, shelter, slopes, sip, soup, spark, spices, scents, smells, smiles, saunter, shadows, sunshine, star, secluded, silence, satisfied, sanctuary, scenery, significant, settled, solitude, security, Savior, and snug.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like winter. I just don't like being cold. If only I could stay inside in front of a roaring fire from now until the the spring thaw...

2 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I love it! I can tell you are a sensory person too! Guess where your words took me.....Sundance!! That place has the most AMAZING smells during the winter months - I think they burn a certain type of wood to make it smell so good! Living in Utah, I'm sure you went there during the winter, sometime - so you MUST know what I'm talking about! Someday, when we're both rich - we have to go on vacation there together! We can sit by the fire and sip hot chocolate, Eat at the Tree Room and the grill (can't remember the name of that one) and do all the FUN winter activities!!

beSlightlyAskew said...

This winter I plan on relaxing. I'm not traveling, I'm not putting up a Christmas tree (for reals!) I'm sitting by the roaring fire (or maybe just a lamp) and enjoying my family from inside with hot chocolate and fresh-from-the-oven cookies. All are invited to join me. However, join me from your own home because coming to my house would require you to go outside in the cold! :-)