CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's a Date!

It's pretty rare that Craig and I go on a date. Since he works 2nd shift he isn't around during usual evening dating hours. Yes we do things during the day and we spend a lot of time together on a regular basis, but once in a while it's nice to go against the norm.

Craig and I had plans to go on a date by ourselves last night. We ended up taking the kids though, and had a great time!

We went to dinner at El Rodeo and filled ourselves to the brim with tasty chips and salsa, diet Coke, and what Craig said may have been the "best burrito he's ever eaten"! The kids chicken and french fries and my chimichanga were delicious as well. And I couldn't have been more proud of the way the kids behaved. Can you say good manners? Yessiree!

Then we ran an errand.

I talked Craig into the latter because we needed a few things before today (Sunday) and I had a coupon that was about to expire. Otherwise I'm sure we wouldn't have gone to the store. My dear hoosband is not a fan of shopping.

Throughout the shopping experience I had to laugh. As soon as we walked in the door Craig got me a wheelchair! He had me ride in it instead of driving a scooter because he thought it would be faster if he pushed me. Bergen sat on my lap and Logan held my hand as he walked/ran/managed to stay alongside me. He also took a turn at pushing... Needless to say it was a wild ride!



Tonight we had another date. Two, if you want to get technical.

First we went to a birthday party for Logan's friend Caida, where we had fun eating cake and ice cream, visiting, and watching kids play. Thanks for having us guys!



And second we watched TV. When we got home from the party Craig built a fire, I popped some popcorn, and after Tiffany brought over a plate of brownies (Heaven), we all sat down on the love couch (as Logan calls it!) to see "How The Grinch Stole Christmas." Bergen was mesmerized. Logan told us he remembered seeing it last year, but he still kept his eyed peeled.



I love movies. I love watching movies. Whenever we watch movies as a family we all race for a spot on the love seat. Snuggling is a favorite pastime for us so it's imperative that we all sit close together. Yippee for me!

So not only did I have a date this weekend, I had three! Complete with hugs and kisses! With my three favorite people in all the world! What could be better than that.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Mmmmm. El Rodeo! Lincoln is almost 3X as big as Lafayette but the restaurants aren't nearly as good!

Glad you had fun on your dates!

The Holdaway's said...

We just had a "family" date last week at El Rodeo too! And I had a chimichanga - yummm...