Logan gave his first talk in Primary yesterday.
We discussed the subject (being kind to others) off and on all week, and by Saturday had things pretty much put together.
He knows what it means to be kind to others and I'm pretty sure he understands why its important. He knows what not being nice is like from the other side too. He's had a couple of incidents at school where boys have told him they don't want to be or aren't his friends anymore, only to be his friends again the next day. (I know he's only four, but it still hurts.)
So he talked about how in Ephesians 4:32 it says that Heavenly Father wants us to be kind, tenderhearted and forgiving of others.
We need to be nice to everyone! It doesn't matter if they're "tall or small, skinny or fat, have red or blue eyes..." he didn't want to finish that part.
He said that we learn from the scriptures to treat others the way we want to be treated.
Lastly he repeated the words to a Primary song. "I want to be kind to everyone, for that is right you see. So I say to myself remember this, kindness begins with me."
I hope Logan will always be the tenderhearted boy I know him to be on the inside. Even if he doesn't look it on the outside.
You did a great job Honey Bun.
Love you,
Mom
Monday, November 24, 2008
Kindness Begins with Me
Posted by Gigi at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so great. Doesnt your heart just swell with pride and happiness! Spencer just gave a talk in sacrament meeting, I couldnt wipe the smile off of my face.
Great job Logan, we love you!
Post a Comment