CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Vacation: Not what I expected

We headed to Salt Lake week before last. Craig thought it would be nice to take I-70 and enjoy the scenery this trip instead of booking it on I-80. I really didn't give it much thought.

We hadn't been on the road too long. In fact, we were about to St. Louis, when I realized that, 'Hey, in a few hours we'll be near Kansas City. And Kerry lives there!' I asked Craig how close we'd be and he told me right there, so I talked to him about the possibility of stopping. I was ready for him to say that we needed to keep going, but he said to give Kerry a call. So I did. And. We. Stopped!

Kerry was obviously surprised when I called and asked if she was up for a visit. Then her enthusiasm kicked in and she invited us to have dinner, and to stay if we wanted to. Several phone calls later I was surprised when again, my dear hoosband surpassed my expectations and went for it. We stayed... For. The. Night.

It was evening when we landed. Tony and Craig went to pick up some BBQ while the kids played and Kerry and I gabbed. Then later, after dinner and more playing, when the kids were worn out and everyone was ready or in bed, Kerry and I went to WalMart and Sonic. It was just like old times -- Shopping with my friend. (Only in Lafayette we went to Target.) We must have been at the store for well over an hour after getting the few things we needed. Talking. Wandering. Then we went to Sonic and got Lemon-Berry Slushes and an order of Mozzarella Sticks to share. Yum. After that it was home again, more talking, and a little goofing around on the internet before hitting the sack.

Morning came early the next day. And after a tasty breakfast we were on our way again.

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa

It was so good to see Kerry and Tony and their kids Logan and Avery! They moved away two years ago and although we've kept in touch, we haven't seen each other since then. Thanks guys, for a GREAT TIME and a wonderful beginning to our vacation. For me, this was a way too short, but very memorable visit. You know, just what I needed! (Thank you too Craig! For stopping.)

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I am soooooooo happy you guys surprised us and came to visit! It was so much fun, and too short, I agree. You are always welcome, anytime!

Jill said...

How fun to be able to see each other. Sounds like you had a great time catching up and shopping like the good ol' days in Indiana.