CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

July 24th and other Miscellaneous Events

A July 24th get-together is an annual event in our family and this year was no different. Well, except that we kids were all there and our mom wasn't. So it was different. But still nice to be together.

Craig took Logan to Kennecott Copper Mine in the morning. They had a great time. Although I can't document it for posterity since no pictures were taken. Logan liked the big train outside and the little toy trucks in the visitors center. Craig thought it was great to see the CAT engines that he works on actually running in the big trucks. Once they were back and the others arrived for the party, it was non-stop fun at the Andriese house(s)!

 
Posted by Picasa

I've already mentioned swimming. The picture of Logan wearing holey socks is typical of our days growing up in the pool. He was in there every day and rubbed the bottoms of his toes raw! "Rosies" didn't stop him though. Just like we did when we were young, he resorted to wearing (and wearing out) socks.

And the shot of him eating cake in the pool? Another fond memory from my youth. Often times on the weekends my mom would make breakfast and we'd eat poolside. We didn't get out of the pool either. We just bellied up to the bar as they say and ate it right there! Yum.

As for the food; Bergen is all over her corn on the cob as you can see. The rest was delicious as well.

There were a couple of naps and of course more snacks before we headed over to the other Andriese house for fireworks that night. Logan can't get enough of his cousins (and asks for them all the time)! And lets not forget the glow sticks. A celebration of this magnitude wouldn't be complete for Logan without glow sticks!

One of the last things we did before heading home from our vacation was to go to the cemetery to see my moms headstone. It was nice to be there and to see it in place. Sadly it will be at least a year until we get back to see it again. I'm happy to say that I didn't feel my mom there. I thought I would, but I'm glad I didn't. I know she's in a better place and that her body isn't hurting anymore.

All in all it was a good trip.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Life goes on, isn't it a beautiful thing? I'm glad you guys could still have fun even though your mom was not there. Oh! and nice pics of Craig,he is actually smiling instead of sticking his tongue out or something