CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Pleasures

I had a cheese and tomato sandwich today. I love cheese and tomato sandwiches.

This particular sandwich had a tomato from my garden on it. That with some sharp cheddar cheese, a little Miracle Whip, and salt and pepper and I was quickly taken back to my youth.

My neighbor Joan introduced me to cheese and tomato sandwiches when I was in junior high school. I was her babysitter and we visited over lunch on more than one occasion. In fact, we still keep in touch and she shared some provolone on wheat toast with me during a recent visit.

Thank you Joan, for trusting me with your kids, and for introducing me to one of life's simple pleasures.

1 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

That sounds yummy! Maybe I'll have to make one today.