CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Traveling

I'm sure that for some people "traveling" means flying off to exotic destinations, cruising around the islands, enjoying different cultures, trying new foods, etc. For us, it means loading up the car and heading West.

It's a good thing our kids travel well. They're going to be doing a lot of it in their lifetimes.

My husband is the driver and I am the sleeper when we travel. I'm usually up until all hours of the morning before we leave getting ready to go. Seriously though, I think even if I got a good nights sleep before a trip, I'd still crash in the car. (Maybe its the steady movement that puts me to sleep. I've heard of people taking babies for drives to get them to sleep.)

Anyway, I try to make traveling in the car enjoyable for the kids. Craig makes it enjoyable for me by waiting for me to run into the store to get a drink --Diet Coke-- each time we stop to fill up with gas. On this trip the kids got new drawing pads and some weird crayon things (that melted along the way), some books, "fun" snack boxes (because if you ask Craig he'll tell you I'm all about fun), and some Color Wonder stuff. I also took bubbles.

The bubbles were a big hit at the first rest stop! I think the kids were really surprised. (Craig too.) They got to run around a little more than usual when we stopped. We also had a picnic lunch at that rest stop. What a treat! McDonald's can get old pretty fast when you're on the road for a couple of days.

Some of the other fun things we do are take silly pictures, play car games, enjoy hotel breakfasts, watch movies, and dance and sing. Yes, you read it right, we dance. In the car. Oh the joys of traveling!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

Love the pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!