The kids and I enjoyed a movie and popcorn on the hide-a-bed tonight. Logan wants to pull the bed out every chance he gets, but I usually only let him take the cushions off the couches to make cars, forts, or whatever else he decides on. (Mean mom, I know, but that thing takes up the whole living room!) Tonight though, I thought it might be fun to do something different and there was really no reason not to -- I was relatively stress-free!
The Primary activity was over, I hadn't had to make lunch (yeah Pizza Hut), dinner was done and my kitchen was clean, the washers (dish and clothes) were running, I had a nice refreshing beverage at my fingertips, and best of all I had time to relax with my kids!
We were excited. Logan quickly picked up some toys so I could vacuum and then put his pajamas on while I prepared the snacks. Once Bergen was ready we went to get the chosen movie "Cars" from the shelf. It was nowhere to be found. We looked and looked, but couldn't find several of our movies, and I wasn't up for Bob the Builder. Then we tried something new. We found "An Indian in the Cupboard" on free demand. Cool. We were good to go. (We have that movie too, but it must be in hiding with the others. It's a good movie. You should watch it sometime if you haven't already.)
So, instead of putting my kids to bed and vegging in front of Olympics tonight, I let them stay up a little later than usual and we had some fun!
Things ended well too. Bergen is in her bed, Logan will be thrilled to wake up in the living room, and I am a really happy mom.


5 comments:
This sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! I'm glad you had a good night!
I love fun nights like that. I need to make more time to do that with Zach.
What a good mom you are. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
So much fun. I'm sure the kids just loved it. I'm glad you had everything pulled together so you could enjoy the night.
Sounds great! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment