CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kindergarten Round Up


I went to Logan's kindergarten Round Up on Thursday.
I can't believe he's going to be in kindergarten!

It was interesting. And frustrating. Not at all what I thought it would be.


I had called the school more than a month ago and they didn't have a date for the round up yet. They took my number and said they'd call. I got a newsletter in the mail a couple of weeks ago with some information in it.

The person I spoke to on the phone told me it would be from 4 to 6pm, not to bring my kindergartner, and to be prepared to do a lot of writing! Not having had a kindergartner before, it sounded to me like I would be attending a lecture, so I went with my clip board in hand; ready to write. (Nerd?)

Imagine my surprise when I walked into the lunchroom to find kids running everywhere! It was then that I found out that the hours were from 4 to 6pm -- not that I would be there that long, and the writing I would be doing would be in filling out forms! I took me all of 45 minutes. Then after making a few observations and talking to a couple of ladies I went home to get Logan and returned to the round up.

I had his speech checked when we got back to the school. He passed. No speech therapy needed even though he says D rather than TH. Then we went back to the lunch room where he got to choose a book and a pencil box full of school supplies. Totally worth going back for don't you think?


Logan is excited about going to school in August. I'm looking forward to back to school night before it starts and getting to meet his teacher. That's what I've been told to plan for anyway...

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Spencer's round up was kind of a disapointment too. Although we did get to see the classrooms and look around. It was also a lot of form filling out, and standing in line to turn them all in.
What made it good for him, and made him decide he did want to go to school was going out to the playground. He loved it, met some other kids and decided he would like to come and play on the equipment every day. It totally turned him around on the idea of kindergarten.