CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Best Friends

A friend said recently, "Your kids play really nicely together. Do they always get along like that?"

Why, YES!, thank you. NOT. I had noticed it too though. They were holding hands and Logan was twirling Bergen around while walking down the hall at church.

I must say that for the most part they do play well together and are quite nice to each other. It's just those times when they bite or mow one another over that get to me.


For the past several weeks Bergen has been telling me I'm her best friend. Not Logan. Not Daddy. Me!

Well that changed the other day.

Her new best friend? Logan.

We were talking about something and she was kissing my cheeks over and over, when all of a sudden she said, "Mommy, Logan my best friend."

 
Posted by Picasa

It makes me happy to think that my kids are buddies. I told Bergen Logan was a good big brother and that he would be a good best friend -- that she is a good sister and will be a good friend. I also told her I hope they will always be close.


I have an older sister and a younger brother who are a couple of my best friends. And they always will be. Both of them live far away and I miss them every day. But it doesn't matter that we don't see each other often, because each of us knows we will always be close.

Time and distance just don't matter when you're the
best of friends.

1 comments:

Heather S. said...

It sure is nice when kids play nicely together.