The kids slept late on Easter morning, but once they were up the excitement was upon us.
Logan had mentioned the night before that he wanted the Easter Bunny to hide eggs for him to find. So he left some out on the table and wrote a note asking for them to be hidden. Of course the bunny kindly obliged.
A few movies, coloring books, toothbrushes, cars, jewelry, and especially too much candy later, we had breakfast. I was excited about my little Easter surprise. I'd found a recipe on another blog and stayed up late Saturday night preparing resurrection rolls. They didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but the kids thought it was pretty cool that they were empty inside -- just like Jesus' tomb!
We went to church and I was touched more than usual by one of the talks in sacrament meeting. Primary was chaotic, as usual, but I'm happy to be able to serve the children. Speaking of which, here are our beautiful children in their new Easter clothes.
And here's a picture of them dancing; just because they are so, SO cute.
Once home from church we finished up preparations for our Easter dinner with the family at Grandpa Don and Grandma Lynne's house. The kids thought it was a real treat to be able to watch a new movie on the portable DVD player in their room while I baked a cake and Daddy watched TV in the living room.
Dinner was tasty and it was nice to spend the evening with family.
My final thought on this special day came from an interview President Hinckley once gave and I quoted it during Sharing Time. It is this: There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter. The fact that Jesus Christ was resurrected gave credibility to his whole life's mission. We go on living. This is a stage in our eternal journey. We lived before we were here. This is our mortal existence, and we shall go on living after this.
I am grateful to know that this statement is true.

2 comments:
We did those on Easter for Lunch. I think my recipe was a little different and it just used a package of crescent rolls. No prep but the kids enjoyed it. I liked the message that went with it.
I love the picture of them dancing most of all.
Post a Comment