It all started on Monday when I left the door to my sewing room unlocked. Logan let himself in and found the Lincoln Logs. Needless to say, the living room floor has been covered with them ever since. And besides the usual, the pieces have been used as swords, darts, musical instruments, and cattle prods, to name a few.
I enjoyed watching Craig and Bergen play together this morning while Logan was at school. They kept a pretty good beat going and had lots of fun with the drum.
The dynamic changed when Logan got home. He always wants to join in with what everyone else is doing so he, Craig and Bergen all sat down and started playing together. Well, Logan and Craig started playing. Bergen became the wrecking crew!
Just as soon as the guys would get something built she would knock it down. Full force. And then smile as if she was the most innocent bystander on earth.
I didn't get any pictures of the tears that ensued each time a beautifully constructed building was demolished, but I did get some shots of the tower that was finally built on the table -- supposedly out of the wrecking crews' reach. It was built over and over and over again on the floor, but after the third time the guys decided to give up. (I actually helped Logan build the tall one on the table after Craig left for work.)
I was amazed at the amount of time the kids played with the Lincoln Logs this week. And in case you're wondering, we're getting some more -- soon. Craig and I both loved our Lincoln Logs when we were kids and we've decided you can never have enough of them!

0 comments:
Post a Comment