Today was quite a day.
I woke up to hugs from my family. Then I got up to fix the kids breakfast. I received a funny card that made all of us laugh before Craig took Logan to school. Craig surprised me with flowers upon his arrival home from taking Logan to school; as well as a cake mix, which he promptly prepared. I took a long, hot, relaxing shower while the cake was baking and Craig was giving Bergen a bath. I snuggled and read with Bergen when Craig went to pick Logan up from school, and was delighted to be presented with a birthday balloon (Logan's idea) when they returned home again. I listened to my kids giggle as they decorated the frosted cake with sprinkles galore. I was taken to lunch at the restaurant of my choosing and enjoyed a delicious meal and great company. I ate yummy chocolate cake and my favorite chocolate chip ice cream. I took a short nap with Bergen this afternoon. I got greetings in the mail. The phone rang off the hook with wishes for a happy day. I received tons of thoughtful e-mail messages. My kids sang to me and hugged and kissed me off and on all day. A friend came to visit this evening and brought an unexpected treat. I watched a little TV in a calm, quiet house tonight. And now I'm going to snuggle up with my handsome hoosband...
who by the way is already asleep.
If today provided even a glimpse of what being 46 has in store... I'm happy to be here.


4 comments:
Happy late birthday!! I have a card for you...which you'll get sometime next summer the way I'm getting things done around here! (at least I got the card - so know you're in my thoughts). Cheers to starting a wonderful, fantastic, amazing 47th year!!
I'm glad you had such a good day! Happy birthday again!
Hey Happy Birthday. You didn't take a picture of your cake?
Glad the day went so well. See your are very loved by your family, including me.
You cant be 46, there are only 21 candles on the cake!
Post a Comment