CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

What iS THAT?!

We have some artwork on the wall behind our dining room table. It's a beautiful painting Craig's mom did for him when he moved into his house. This house. In 1993. The painting has hills in the foreground and mountains in the background. It's striking and vibrant and I know that a lot of thought and love went into it. It's meaningful to Craig because it signifies the yearly trips he took "out West" to go skiing back then.

Logan was looking at the painting a few days ago and asking me about it. He specifically wanted to know about the writing in the bottom, right corner. I explained to him that the letters were Grandma Lynne's initials. Since she painted the picture, she got to write her name on it. That way, people who see it will know that she painted it!

Well, while sitting in a chair I don't often sit in at the dinner table a day or so later, I saw something I might never have noticed otherwise...


Logan had written his name on Grandma Lynne's painting! Yes, you heard that right. There is now a forgery in my house!

 
Posted by Picasa

It was right after lunch when I noticed it. Logan had just left the table to wash his hands and face when I brought it to Craig's attention. He looked at the painting and laughed. I freaked out. Art was a big deal in our house when I was growing up and drawing on something "valuable" would not have been appreciated.

I called Logan back to the table and asked him about the writing. He knew immediately that he'd made a bad choice. He explained though, that he just wanted his name to be next to Grandma Lynne's. (I wish I could remember his exact words.)

While he was still laughing, Craig called his mom. I heard him tell her what Logan had done, and waited for him to share her reaction...




Do you know what she said?




"Don't try to clean it off!", and something else, like "It makes me happy that Logan wanted to write his name next to mine. It shows me that he loves me."

 
Posted by Picasa

Way to go Grandma Lynne! If you're not upset I don't know how I can be.

Logan is happy and proud every time he looks at his name next to yours on that painting. He's even noticed that your initials are the same.

And we all love you!

5 comments:

Heather S. said...

Oh my goodness, I would have freaked out. I'm glad they were so good tempered.

Nicole said...

That is so funny it just makes me laugh, probably like Craig did. I'm glad mom could blow it off into a loving thing.

The Holdaway's said...

I would have freaked out too - I'm glad all is well!

Maren said...

Haha! Classic Logan. :)

Anonymous said...

That little stinker! How can he be so bad and so cute at the same time!