When I was growing up, Labor Day meant the last big hurrah before school started. I remember many good times with family and friends. As an adult though, this years celebration takes the cake! It was a fun weekend. (The festivities started on Friday -- previous posts will explain...)
On Monday, the big day, we had a blast! After getting some things done around the house in the morning and doing a little shopping in the afternoon, it was time to meet some friends for a fun-filled, food-filled evening.
The Webers were in town, so a get together was a must! We met them, the Souths, the Holdaways, and the Madsens at a local park where we gabbed, grilled, chatted, ate, talked, played, visited and just hung out until way past the kids bedtimes.
The food was yummy and I think we all ate our fill. (Thanks guys for manning the grills.) It's always a treat getting the kids to eat at a party; anything decent that is. Mine enjoyed the snacks, but didn't have much in the way of dinner. Really though, doesn't playing take priority over eating anyway?
Logan has been excited and looking forward to seeing Emily since I told him last week she was coming to visit. It looks like the other boys felt the same way! I enjoyed watching them all interact as they climbed, slid, hung, swung, and played "peek-a-belly" as they called it. The usual "all boy" group (and we were missing some here) hasn't been the same without you Em.
I had a great time and know my family enjoyed spending time with good friends. Thanks ladies!
*On a side note, Logan is a master when it comes to getting wet. He can find water anywhere! So I shouldn't have been surprised when he headed to the fountain near the pavilion. He was soaked early in the evening and Bergen right along with him since he decided to try to fill the wagon! Silly kids.





0 comments:
Post a Comment