I LOVE this time of year. Summer used to be my favorite season, but I've changed my mind. It has to be Fall! I love the changes in the weather. I'm happy to switch up my wardrobe. I enjoy the sounds, the smells, the chill, and the crispness in the air. I love hearing leaves crunch under my feet -- and seeing my kids bundling up, rosy cheeks peeking out from under their hats.
I love the anticipation of the holidays... I start thinking about Christmas (and shopping) during the summer months, but Fall is when I really start to work my plan. I have lists of all kinds and am excited to be checking things off. I have projects in the works or ready to go and will be happy to see them completed. I have new recipes to try and can't wait to share them.
Later this month when I've finished with some of those things I'll feel like settling in. Give me a good book, a challenging puzzle, a great movie, a warm beverage (although a glass filled with ice and Diet Coke will work too), quiet music, some conversation every once in a while, comfy clothes, a soft blanket, a cozy fire, and I'm good to go. Add my family to the mix and I'm as happy as can be.


5 comments:
This is exactly how I feel!!!!
Fall is the best, absolutely, that is why I picked October to get married in. I second your your sentiments, to the tee. They could have been my words.
Oh, me too, me too! I LOVE Fall! I am already thinking of all the soup recipes to make!Yum!
I love this time of the year too. Unfortunately it's made me realize I'm running out of time to get things ready at my home for baby boy. I guess it means it's time to start shopping/planning for Christmas too.
I love any new season because it's the perfect opportunity to update my wardrobe. How shallow am I?
I COMPLETELY agree!! I can't wait to break out the hot chocolate - in fact, I've been thinking about it all morning. Now let's see who wins - the part of me that wants to be skinny or the part that wants to celebrate the turning of seasons.
Post a Comment