CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Going Back to School

Logan officially started his second year of preschool today. Tuition has been paid.

 

I've had a tug of war going on inside myself since last year when school ended. Logan loved his preschool, his teachers, and the friends he'd made there. I, however, wanted him to go where my friends kids went.

I justified my feelings and decision too, because I wasn't happy with the way a couple of things were done during school last year. They weren't anything major, the grass is just always greener...

So I was prepared and ready for Logan to go to his new school (which would have been today) when he had an opportunity to attend his old school with a friend last week. It was two days before orientation where I had him registered. Needless to say, we had to rethink things.

The teachers were thrilled to see him and happy to have him "visit"! They wanted him back and told me so! Again. Logan was excited to be there! Things were good! He got to be a helper! Which meant he and I had to have a talk.

 

Craig and I discussed things and after much turmoil and another talk with Logan, we decided to take him back. Even after the decision was made I struggled. Why was it so important that he go where I wanted him to go? Why was it such a big deal for me? I couldn't figure it out... until a quiet, trusted voice got my attention.

Thank you _____ for helping me think like a mom instead of like a kid. For helping me make the right decision for my kid! For making me think. Period. This may seem like a strange time to say it, but we truly are blessed and our prayers are answered through other people.

 
Posted by Picasa

Even though Logan missed the first week of school due to my indecisiveness, I know he'll be alright. With the delivery of a picture of our family next Monday he'll be all caught up with his peers.

He's happy to be back in school with Wyatt and Nathan and Brendan. And I'm looking forward to making a few new mom friends. In fact I talked to one today and we're setting up a play date.

3 comments:

Kayli said...

LOVE back to school pictures! He's so cute.

Nicole said...

Good job, sometimes it's hard to do what's our kid's want instead of what we want. Love the pictures

Heather S. said...

I'm glad that he is happy and you were able to make this decision for Logan. It's hard taking your kids to a preschool when you don't know the other parents, I do the same thing, but I really do think it's a better place for my Alexa.