Question: What do you get when you add a million things to do with never enough time to do them. Then take away any motivation to do them because you aren't feeling well and were already overwhelmed to begin with?
Answer: One tired, getting sick so procrastinating, Mommy/Wife/Housekeeper/Hostess/Accountant/ Chauffeur/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer/etc., who needs to get more sleep so she can focus and get something (anything) done!
Maybe part of the reason for not being too motivated besides being ill, is that I feel like all I do sometimes is be the Mommy/Wife/Housekeeper/Hostess/Accountant/ Chauffeur/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer/etc. Craig and I recently came up with a plan though. And it's a good one for me. So I'm hopeful that my attitude and I will change.
Here it is: I get Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings to myself (after dropping Logan off at school) to do whatever I want to do! That's almost 2 1/2 hours times three days. Totaling about 7 1/2 hours a week!
Last week I used the time to run some errands and do a little extra grocery shopping. Today I spent an hour or so wandering around a furniture store, among other things. However, I'm thinking that I need to come up with another plan. I've started making a list. Now it's just a matter of getting to it.
Some of the things I would like to do are: Exercise, read my scriptures in peace, read books for fun, work on projects, meet with friends, do some menu planning, go shopping, get a pedicure, prepare for the holidays... and so many more! I'm really excited to have this time for myself.
So YOU do the Mommy Math...
Question: What do you get when you add One "handsome hoosband" willing to give up some of his precious time away from work with One mom getting to be an individual for a little while each week with One boy enjoying school and one girl getting some "Daddy Time" all to herself?
Answer: One less-stressed me and a more happy family!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Mommy Math
Posted by Gigi at 11:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like a great idea! I wish I could get Josh to do something like that for me!
Sounds great!! I hope you enjoy all your free time. What a great husband to do that for you!
Post a Comment