Logan took swimming lessons again this year.
In his evaluation last year Logan's teacher recommended that he repeat Level 1 this summer, but I signed him up for Level 2. Because? I signed him up with a friend and we wanted our boys to be in the same class -- so we could visit. (The things moms do...)
Well after watching Logan the first day of class I knew he wasn't ready for Level 2. And I felt bad as I watched my enthusiastic little boy lose his confidence. I spoke with the teacher after class and he told me that Logan would be moved to Level 1-2. A class made up of the really good swimmers from Level 1 and the less competent ones from Level 2. He'll still be in the big pool, but will be taught at a little slower pace.
We talked to Logan about the change and although he expressed his concern and his desire to succeed, he understood why he was being moved.
Day two came and went and Logan seemed to do alright, but still wasn't as comfortable in the water as he should be, so I can't say I was surprised when toward the end of the lesson one of the teachers took him to the Level 1 teacher in the small pool.
I was worried. Logan was elated! He was back with Trent. His wonderful teacher from last year! The person he trusted in the water! And Trent remembered him. Thanks Trent!
Logan's whole demeanor changed when he got in the pool with Trent. And he had a great time "swimming"this year!
He would only back float while holding Trent's arm in a death grip last year.
He did a lot better - front and back - this year.
And Trent was awesome with him. I was happy to see smiles on both of their faces.
Here they are on the last day of lessons last year. Thanks again Trent! I'm sure we'll see you next year...
0 comments:
Post a Comment