It's hard to believe my baby boy is five. (His birthday was in May.) It doesn't seem possible. And yet it is.
I love celebrating birthdays! And I like to go BIG! Not with spending, but with celebrating. This year we partied over a period of three (okay four) days...
Logan (as I have mentioned before), loves to dress up. He will become any number of different people on any given day. Thanks to Aunt Audrey, he has been Indiana Jones pretty regularly since Christmas. So was there any other choice for the party theme this year? He has been talking about his Indiana Jones birthday party for months!
Logan woke up early and got dressed, then he waited for Bergen to get up before he opened his gifts from our family. His favorite was the Indiana Jones whip -- with a really cool eight minute action scene compilation CD included. When you push a button on the handle the whip makes a cracking sound and then plays the theme music! Logan was also extremely happy with the Batman Lego's Bergen gave him.
After spending the morning perfecting his skills with the whip, we all ran a couple of errands together and had a late lunch at McDonald's. Then we came home so I could decorate the cake. (One of my favorite things about birthdays.) I had been collecting unusual cake supplies for weeks and was excited to put them all together.
I made two cakes - one for the base and one to use for the landscape. I just took handfuls of the second cake and placed them right on top of the frosting. Then I sprinkled crushed Whoppers around and added cut up aquarium plants to the terrain. Lastly Indiana Jones and the boulder were put in their places.
Voila! I thought it turned out great...
And I think Logan liked it too!
Family started to arrive while I was finishing up and there were happy smiles all around. The kids played and the adults visited. Later we all sang to Logan as he waited excitedly to blow out the sparkler candles on his cake. (He chose the candles for himself after seeing them on a friends cake.)
Then we all had a good laugh as he tried to roll the boulder (frosting and all) down the hill and over Indiana Jones like he had seen in Raiders of the Lost Ark! After that we could eat the cake.
Everyone had fun while presents were opened and then the playing began again. Thank you everyone for celebrating with us.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!!
We love you and couldn't be happier to have you in
our family!

0 comments:
Post a Comment