CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

1) The Mustang

Before we received the news of Craig's layoff from CAT, he put up a calendar with all the weeks of shut down marked on it (right next to the regular calendar), on the inside of the pantry door. Then he began anticipating
and planning for those weeks.

The third week of April was going to be spent working on "The Mustang".

 
Posted by Picasa

Craig bought his Mustang convertible new in 1989 and it has been his pride and joy for pretty much the whole twenty years he's had it. I remember him telling me stories about it when we were dating, but since I didn't see it until my first visit to Indiana, I didn't "get it"...
AT ALL.

When Craig picked me up from the airport the first time
I came to see him, he was in the Mustang. I was horrified!
I hadn't slept on the flight just so I'd look decent when
I got off the plane. And he, not knowing all of my quirks yet, came to get me in this?! I could just imagine what
I'd look like after an hour long ride on the interstate in a convertible! (I'm a little embarrassed to admit such vanity now.)

So I haven't always been fond of Craig's baby. She's been my competition. She's loud and sexy, and she makes me look bad by messing up my hair!

We had some fun in the Mustang, but I was never completely sold on it. I remember talking to Craig about selling it after being married for a few years. He rarely drove it and it took up space in our garage. That car had a prime spot inside while two of our other cars had to reside in the driveway... (Yes, there was a time we had four cars! I know. Two drivers and four cars. Why.)
Here's what he said during our conversation. And I quote:
"I don't want to sell my Mustang because I don't want to be pissed off for the rest of my life."

Obviously I haven't mentioned selling it since.


Well, you know that third week of April that Craig was on shut down that he worked on his Mustang? All of that work was done in preparation To. Sell. It.

 
Posted by Picasa

Craig decided on his own a year or so ago that the Mustang isn't a very family-friendly car, and I think he's been psyching himself up to part with it ever since.

Here he is posing for a picture for the blog. As usual he had two little "helpers" while he worked, so the post wouldn't be complete without a couple of pictures of them.

 
Posted by Picasa

I think it was a productive week.

0 comments: