CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sum Sum Summertime

I am making it official: It is May 30, 2009 and Summertime Is Here!

School is out for Logan, Craig is finished working, I don't have a job yet, and Bergen is too young to care. So for now, we are going to play.

We started be going to the drive in last night.



I love going to the drive in. We went quite a bit when I was growing up and I have nothing but wonderful memories of those times. After taking our baths, we would all pile in the car with pillows and blankets, in our pajamas of course, and off we'd go. (The Highland Drive In, above, is one that I remember well.)

Sometimes there were short cartoons before the main attractions started, but we kids knew the first movie was for us! We would snuggle up close together in the back seat of the station wagon and watch over the front seat. After the first movie was over our dad would ALWAYS go to the concession stand and return with fudge-sicles! (Remember those?) We loved them! Then my mom and dad's date began. We would have to lie down in the back of the station wagon and (try to) go to sleep. We would pop our heads up every few minutes and I'm sure we drove our parents crazy, but eventually we fell asleep and they enjoyed their movie.

Last night we went to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and Wolverine. And we invited Craig's sisters family to go with us.

We had such a good time! I'm sure things were a lot the same for our kids as they were when I was a kid. They ran around and played until the first movie started and then they all climbed up to watch it on the hood of the Durango. We adults hung out in lawn chairs. Snacks and drinks were passed around and things were a bit rowdy to start, but they calmed down by the time the movie was over.

Then it got a little chilly, so after intermission we watched the second movie from inside our cars. Bergen snuggled up and fell asleep while Craig held her in the front seat, and Logan and I sat close together in the back. A little later he willingly climbed into the very back and zonked out. It was too bad we had to put the kids in their car seats for the ride home...

So that's it. Summertime is off to a great start! Lets hope it keeps on going.

0 comments: