We got to watch Logan and Bergen's friend Caida today while her mom and dad did some things they needed to do.
We've known Caida for quite a while now and Logan speaks of her often. He also tells me he's going to marry her. Often. So I guess I really shouldn't have been surprised by the exchange I heard today...
After lunch the kids were sitting on the couch watching cartoons when Logan turned to Caida and said, "Caida, when you grow up do you want to marry me?" To which Caida replied "Uh Huh."
What's a mom to do? I'm glad Logan's thinking ahead. I'm glad he has plans for his future. I'm glad he is willing to go for what he wants. But I thought a few other things would come into play before he thought about marriage!
Perhaps we should start talking about college and a mission a little more often. We must discuss work and money and responsibility more. If he has plans like this at 4 1/2, I can't imagine what else is in store.
Or maybe I should just say "Here's to the happy couple?" What do you think Carri?

1 comments:
Cute!
Post a Comment