I've been waiting to post about New Year's Day because I wanted to include a video. I can't get it to work though so I'm just going to have to post pictures instead.
New Year's Day was H-E-A-V-E-N. We spent the morning having a yummy breakfast of caramel rolls (or monkey bread as its called in Indiana) and orange juice, and took our time getting ready for the day. Then Craig and Logan left around 10:00am to head to Perfect North Slopes to go skiing.
After the guys had been gone a while Bergen and I cozied up to watch a movie. I found "Fiddler on the Roof" in the $5.00 bin at Walmart and couldn't pass it up. I love that movie! We actually played with the new Potato Heads and watched the movie (with me singing along). It was fun. I thought I'd feel bad about missing out on seeing Logan ski for the first time, but I quite enjoyed spending the day with Bergen. I can see this happening quite a bit when the kids are older -- the girls doing their thing and the boys doing theirs.
Craig said Logan did really well on the slopes. He took right to it and kept asking for his own ski poles. He liked riding the "magic carpet" and making "fries" (skis parallel), but didn't care for making a "pizza" (snow plow). Yikes! He must be my boy! I was a 'reckless, go all out, tuck and fly down the hill as fast as I could' kind of skier when I was young. I was really hoping Logan would be more controlled like Craig.
Anyway, they had a great day and on the way home Logan asked if they could go again tomorrow.
After a long day for all of us it was nice to be together again by nighttime. I certainly hope the day set a precedent for what the new year has in store for us.
Like I said, Heaven.


4 comments:
Sounds like everyone had a great time!
WOW! GO Logan! I am so jealous. I have not been skiing since I got married and I have recently been thinking how fun it would be to teach the kids, but then I thought about the logistics of taking four kids skiing and the cost, and I don't even know if Noah can ski! But one on one, there's the ticket! How fun. p.s. I love Fiddler too!
I'd been waiting to hear how Logan did sking. Looks and sounds like he had a fun time! He is so cute! Happy New Year to you all!
Cute cute cute, I'm glad you all had fun.
Post a Comment